Over time, our faces seem to shrink in size. Volume loss in the face is one of the biggest signs of aging.
Here is the best way to tell if you have facial volume loss. Are your cheeks a little deflated, temples depressed, and/or is your lower eye area looking sunken?
If you want to pick up the effects of gravity and aging by adding volume to your face, here is a simple fix. There are two injectables we like to call “Facial Volumizers” that offer a non-surgical option for lifting the cheeks and bringing youthful fullness back to the face – Sculptra ® Aesthetic and Juvederm Voluma ® XC. Here is what they have to offer:
- Poly-L-lactic acid is a synthetic product that stimulates collagen growth
- Collagen acts like the scaffold of a building, it is the supporting structure of the skin
- Most injections are performed on 2 or more visits 1 month apart
- Produces natural looking results that are gradual in onset
- Results are visible 4 weeks after first injection
- Results can last up to 2 years or more
- Hyaluronic acid is the basis of this injectable. It is naturally found in the body and lubricates the joints
- Primarily used in the mid-face or cheek area lifting and volumizing the cheeks
- Instantly produces natural looking results
- Results can last up to 2 years
So, which product is the best?
Well, we love them both.
It may come down to getting the volume back instantly or gradually. Maybe it’s a matter of using a synthetic product – poly-L-lactic acid found in Sculptra that stimulates your own collagen or a hyaluronic acid (HA) in Voluma XC found naturally in the body and binds moisture for plumping. Either way both products prove to be safe and highly effective for a fabulous face plumping finale.
Call us for a consultation and bring in an old photo to see if Sculptra Aesthetic or Voluma XC is right for you, (877) 456-9485.
Dr. Joseph Togba is a contributor to this blog.