1. Start with the part of your face that most concerns you. When you look in the mirror, what is the first area that you always notice and would like to improve? Is it the Jawline? Naso-labial folds? Excess upper eyelid skin? Puffy under eye area? Droopy brow? Sun damaged skin? Let this be your guide and try not to let anyone talk you into starting elsewhere.
2. Take out your old photos, like the ones you took in high school or in your 20s. We had no idea how cute we really were back then. Compare your face then to now. Look for areas that have drastically changed if any at all. Is there a difference? Keep in mind, your results should look natural, like a younger version of yourself. A facial plastic surgery procedure should not change your facial features, but rejuvenate or turn back time - 10 years or more is nice.
3. Still not sure? Have a full face evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Of course, a plastic surgeon can see the underlying causes that affect the ageing in our face and pinpoint the areas that can use some improvement.
4. The eyes always have it! When it comes to eyelid surgery, this is one minimally invasive procedure that can refresh your entire face and transform your look. This is the area that is first noticed when people look at you, and because of the thin skin, can be the first area that can show signs of ageing. If you need eyelid surgery, this procedure ranges from $2800 - $3100 for Upper or Lower Eyelids, but can give you the most bang for your buck.
5. A facial procedure is only half the battle, always consider rejuvenating the skin, this will make even the smallest procedure go a long way. Obagi Skin Rejuvenation System is a medical grade skin care program that is designed to effectively treat sun damage (fine lines and sun spots). Laser treatments can target deeper wrinkles, like “smoker’s lines” around the mouth, and also transform skin giving a healthy, more youthful look.
Keep in mind if you have a special occasion like an anniversary, wedding or a vacation, consider having your procedure 2 months before. You should look great after 14 days with most surgeries, but this will give you plenty of time to show optimal results. Want to know more about specific plastic surgery procedures? Join us at one of our upcoming seminars. Call our office for details 888-831-4197.